- At this time, construction related to site work, new buildings and roadway improvements related to all components of the Meadow Walk project have commenced in earnest.
- Roadway improvements will be completed in phases, with the new traffic signal in operation in January 2018 and final paving, landscaping and sidewalks in spring 2018.
- The site work and building construction components of the Meadow Walk project will be completed in phases wrapping up in early 2019.
AUGUST 2017 CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
- The Whole Foods Market grocery store has opened with customer access via the driveway near the fire station (enter at the monument sign on Route 20 that says “Whole Foods – WEST DRIVEWAY”).
- By the end of August, the main access road at Meadow Walk will open. This main road is directly across the Route 20 from Shaw’s Plaza’s west most entrance (next to Highland Avenue and farthest from CVS) and will be called “Bay Drive.” Beginning in September, during times of peak traffic flow, access into and out of Bay Drive will be controlled by a police detail until the traffic signal at this new intersection is complete early next year.
- Both on and offsite there is a variety of construction signage directing commuter, resident, customer and construction traffic. When you are coming to, from or past the Meadow Walk site, please pay careful attention to this signage and to direction provided by the Sudbury police officers working the traffic details for the project.
- Route 20 improvements include a new traffic signal to be shared by Meadow Walk and Shaw’s Plaza (and Highland Avenue), a new traffic signal for the fire station, and new sidewalks, crosswalks and associated pedestrian signals.
- Along with our contractors, engineers, Town staff, the Police Department and MassDOT, we are fully committed to minimizing the inconvenience that our work will necessarily entail. We appreciate the public’s cooperation and your patience with our efforts.
- The Sudbury Police Department will be providing police details to direct vehicular and pedestrian traffic during active construction on Route 20. The Police Department will also be posting frequent traffic updates on their Facebook page and Twitter to help residents and commuters plan the routes/timing of vehicular trips along the Meadow Walk stretch of Route 20.
The timeline for the project components are as follows:
- WHOLE FOODS MARKET – COMPLETE
- BAY DRIVE – Complete in August 2017
- ROUTE 20 ROADWAY WIDENING :
- Substantially complete January 2018, including new traffic signal at the shared intersection of Bay Drive, Shaw’s Plaza and Highland Avenue.
- Final paving, landscaping and sidewalks Spring 2018
- AVALON SUDBURY’S 250 LUXURY APARTMENT UNITS – Construction has commenced. The clubhouse, management/leasing office and first two apartment buildings will be complete and ready for occupancy in April 2018. The entire Avalon development will be complete by the end of 2018.
- MEADOW WALK VILLAGE RETAIL – 35,000 SF in four buildings consisting of 10 to 15 different establishments with a vibrant mix of restaurants and other retailers. Construction has started on all four buildings. Store openings will commence in the spring/summer of 2018.
- THE BRIDGES BY EPOCH MEMORY CARE ASSISTED LIVING COMMUNITY – 48 units in a state-of-the-art single story building. Construction has commenced and will be completed in June of 2018.
- HIGHCREST AT MEADOW WALK ACTIVE ADULT CONDOMINIUM RESIDENCES– 21 townhomes and 36 apartment units. Construction is scheduled to commence fall 2017. Units will be delivered in phases starting in Q1 2018 and continuing through Q1 2019. We expect the “model” townhomes and marketing office to open January or February of 2018.
AS WE PROGRESS WITH CONSTRUCTION, MAINTAINING A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL (RESIDENTS, COMMUTERS, TENANTS, VISITORS AND CONTRACTORS ALIKE) WHILE MINIMIZING INCONVENIENCE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC IS OUR TOP PRIORITY. WE WILL CONTINUE TO PROVIDE FREQUENT UPDATES THROUGHOUT THE CONSTRUCTION PROCESS.